Friday, August 6, 2010

project

my sister is amazingly talented. i always joke that she took all of the creative genes from our parents and left none for me. when i was little i didn't even like to color. it seemed like too much tedious work to concentrate on staying within the lines. and to this day, mike is usually the one to sit down with isabella, a coloring book, and some markers. all of that to say, emily is amazing and creative and i just try to copy everything she does. so when i saw this post, i decided to give it a try. i just started today, so i have a ways to go, but here's what it looks like so far:

this is our "cubby hole." i guess its where the tv is supposed to go, but we didn't want our tv that close to the ground (and that close to little hands). so, of course, i asked emily what we should do with the space and she suggested putting a pad down with some pillows and a basket of books for a little cozy reading nook. we call it the cubby hole.
emily used a stencil and then hand painted, but i don't have the patience for that so i'm using tape and then i'll just paint over the whole thing.


i'll post again when i finish. if it turns out...

4 comments:

emily said...

SO CUTE! I love it. Can't wait to see it.

The Eyes said...

this is going to be rad!

Joanie said...

I just think you are super brave. I dont know if I would even try. Id be too intimidated. Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of the girls. I have the cutest nieces ever!

Meghan Elaine said...

I can't wait to see it! I love that area. I want to try her project #2 with the book pages, but I never end up finishing, er, starting actually.